The Ketogenic Diet has proven from time to time to be among the most straightforward diets for weight loss. It also can be very beneficial in reducing the danger of cancer, focusing the brain (increased memory, clarity, and seizure control). This diet has also been proven to scale back the prospect of migraines, even as controlling diabetes.
With all of those amazing benefits, some people still have their doubts about starting this diet thanks to the very fact of the routine of eating high acid-forming foods like fresh meat, some oils and nuts, also as most dairy. One quick and straightforward thanks to neutralizing the acid in your body is by adding juice to your daily diet. Here is why you ought to be drinking lemon water on the ketogenic diet.
Lemons, and the way they react within the body…
Lemons generally are natural disinfectants. Therefore, once they enter the body, they clean everything that they undergo, including toxins that sleep in the body. Lemon itself is exceptionally acidic and supports its pH level of two. That being said I’m sure you’re now thinking: How does juice become alkaline (having a pH greater than 7) once you consume it?
Well, it seems that food’s pH level before it enters your body has little to do with how it’s going to affect your body after getting ingested. Lemons are an acidic food, they transform into an alkaline substance after entering your body which then will quickly and naturally neutralize your body.
Why is this often Important?
For the cells in a human body to function correctly, you ought to maintain a pH level of nearly 7. Maintaining a pH level of 7 on a ketogenic diet is vital because you’re consistently eating high acid-forming foods which can then end in health problems down the road.
Lemon water isn’t the sole way that you can neutralize your body on a ketogenic diet. A method that a lot of people neutralize their bodies while on this diet is adding more alkaline vegetables to their diet like asparagus, broccoli, and green beans. Some vegetables and foods might have an equivalent effect on your body, but these are just a few of the first accessible and convenient options.
5 Benefits of Lemon Water
- Excellent Source of vitamin C – Citrus fruits, for instance, lemons, are rich in vitamin C, which may be an antioxidant that helps protect cells.
- Improves Skin Quality – Drinking lemon water has been proven to enhance the standard of your skin and helps in avoiding wrinkling. If your skin loses its moisture, it becomes dry and susceptible to wrinkles. That being said, being adequately hydrated will help in preventing this from happening and adding lemon water to your hydration regimen would help in getting the skin rid of poisons and enhance your overall skin quality.
- Aids in Weight Loss– One thing that drinking lemon water promotes weight loss is the depletion in your appetite and intake of calorie. There has also been a lot of research and studies which prove a rise within the body’s rate when drinking lemon water.
- Cleanses and Detoxifies the Body– Because lemons are a natural disinfectant, once they enter the body, they clean everything that they get over, which helps the body function properly.
- Helps Body Absorb Nutrients– When drinking lemon water with daily meals, it helps the body with absorbing the nutrients that you have to maintain a healthy life.
How to prepare?
Lemon water is one among the simplest way to consume lemons. The remarkable thing about it is that you can add other things to iit to make the water even more nutritious than it already is. Sometimes I prefer to add limes or cucumbers to it to add further flavor. While on a ketogenic diet sometimes we miss just a few tasty quaint lemonades so ill add one of my favourite low carb sweeteners to it.
You can start by grabbing 2 or 3 lemon slices and lightly squeeze them into your water then throw the remaining of the lemon straight into your cup so it can keep infusing while you are drinking.
From there you’ll add anything that sounds tasty!
Things to think about adding to your lemon water:
- MonkFruit (Or other low carb sweeteners)
Would Lemon Water Kick You Out of Ketosis?
The short and straightforward answer is NO! Lemons are excellent for you especially on a ketogenic diet as they can improve your overall experience and weight loss. One whole fruit only contains about two net carbs, and you’re not even eating the entire thing. You’re drinking a diluted version of the juice contained in lemons. Therefore, the carb count is frankly non existent.